With the risk of being annoying I shall continue my “fAUX fUR” journey that I started yesterday….
Maybe u.ve wondered what fake fur is. Fake fur is a type of textile fabric fashioned to simulate genuine animal fur. It is known as a pile fabric and is typically made from polymeric fibers that are processed, dyed, and cut to match a specific fur texture and color.
DID U KNOW THAT ….
- Faux Fur was first introduced in 1929 and has been commercially available since the 1950s ? Amazing that it existed for so many years but we keep killing animals for its fur…
Faux Fur can be sewn on a normal sewing machine while Real fur is generally thicker and requires a special machine, hand sewing or an awl to sew it
Advantages of Faux Fur :
- is ethical and cruelty-free.
- is a fabric and therefore is relatively easy to sew with.
- does not require or encourage the breeding of animals in factory farms like real fur.
- does not require cold storage to prevent deterioration and is impervious to moths
- it is way more cheaper ( egs: u can spend 50 euros on a fake fur and thousands for a real one )
Today’s fake furs can be nearly indistinguishable from the natural furs they imitate so STOP being superficial , u can still rock your outfit without the poor animals having to suffer.